Seashell Tic-Tac-Toe (DIY Summer Craft) | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Seashell Tic-Tac-Toe (DIY Summer Craft)

Share It:

Summer is a sweet, lazy time, isn't it? Nothing says summer like the combination of seashells and carefree, outdoor games!  I did just that with a bit of paint and some seashells to create a backyard Tic Tac Toe game!

Not only is it fun to sit around with some iced tea and play a few rounds but it also adds a bit of bling to our back yard.  I would like to share how I made it with you!

I started with a bag of seashells that I found at the dollar store. They were the perfect size because they were on the small side and there was a variety of shapes in the bag. Plus, I got so many for a dollar that I really couldn't go wrong!

I spray painted 7-10 shells in a tropical blue color called Spa Blue by Rustoleum and the same amount in gold, also by Rustoleum. 


seashells

The game board is a slice of birch that we cut from a log from a tree our neighbors had taken down. I painted the game board using craft paint onto which I sprinkled glitter while still wet.  I also toyed with the idea of using one of our stump tables or a slab of slate too.
seashells

That's it!  An easy seashell game that doesn't take a lot of work but adds a bit of whimsy to our summer evenings!  

seashell game 4

seashell game 7


 Connect with me these other ways too!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful craft idea! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute, fun idea! Pinned!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!