Grain Sack Inspired Painted Bench | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Grain Sack Inspired Painted Bench

Share It:

My sister recently gave me a long bench that she used in her kitchen. It was great as it was able to hold multiple little heineys at the same time!  I have been wanting to build a banquette in our eating nook in our kitchen but when she decided to get of the bench and give it to me, I decided this would be much easier and less permanent!  So I gave it a simple grain sack inspired paint treatment and now it holds multiple heineys in our kitchen!


My sister's kitchen is more maple country-ish than mine. My brother-in-law had given it a lovely stain and poly that lasted for years and still looked great!  But it wasn't the right color for my kitchen.



I used a linen colored chalk paint that I already had (actually, it is latex paint combined with My Savvy Sister Chalk Paint Dust which I love). Once it was thoroughly dry, I used painters tape to add the stripes which I painted with greige (BM Perfect Greige) chalk paint. Then I finished it with a coat of Minwax Wax in natural.




chalk paint bench
I want to put a linen skirt around the bottom but for now I just threw in some toile baskets I already had.  I have skirt already made and I just have to secure it to the bottom. I am slow though so all in good time! 


chalk paint

The girls LOVE sitting on the bench together. It doesn't work great with our round table but it does let me serve more than 4 kids at a time which is so nice.


grain sack bench


I know I've been out of the blogging loop lately. Honestly, having both kids home and so active has kept me away from the computer. I haven't checked email, haven't written blog posts, haven't visited many blogs, haven't been on Facebook, nothing. Once we are done with our day I flop on the couch or into bed. I have some projects going though so I'll be in and out.

We are working on our kitchen again. Frankly, I'm not sure I'll ever be happy with my attempts at bringing it into the 21st century. I feel like it is a giant arts and crafts project.  

I hope your summer is fun and carefree!  And I hope to be around more too!  Thanks for sticking with me!


Cheers!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!