You CAN Make Easter Silhouette Wall Art! | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

You CAN Make Easter Silhouette Wall Art!

Share It:

I mean it!  You can!  I did it and that means making this silhouette wall art is simple but with pretty results! Sometimes less really is more, doncha think? And while it is a bunny, I think it is something I would leave up through the whole spring, not just at Easter. 



So grab your wine, turn down whatever you are watching, and read on as I convince you that you, yes YOU, can make this as easily as I did! And I'll show you my secret to a super crisp outline, too.


Supplies:
Canvas
Bunny pattern (I found mine at Dollar Tree but you can free hand one or find a template on the interweb)
Black paint pen
Cream or ivory flat paint, either latex, chalk, or craft. 
Black craft paint
Small foam paint brush
Strip of burlap for making a tail
Glue
1. Paint your canvas with the ivory paint. I used ivory chalk paint but any flat paint would work. Let it dry completely.


This is the Easter decoration I found at the Dollar Tree. I am using it as my pattern.
Days of Chalk and Chocolate easter wall art

2. Place your pattern on the canvas. I turned mine over because I wanted the bunny to be facing this way. Use the black paint pen to trace the pattern. Remove the pattern now. 

Using the paint pen is my secret!  It makes a beautiful, crisp line. You don't need a steady hand when you are trying to fill in the rest of the shape!

Days of Chalk and Chocolate easter wall art

 I traced my original paint line to make it thicker but that's optional. I wanted a thicker boundary for when I was painting.

Days of Chalk and Chocolate easter wall art

5. Apply 2-3 coats of black paint to the inside of the shape using the small foam brush. Remember to let each coat dry thoroughly before applying the next. (ok, here's something for the over 35 crowd...remember that commercial for the game, Operation, where the announcer says "It takes a very steady haaaaaand?" Well, that ran through my head the entire time I was doing this. No lie. How can TV have made such an impact on me when we had like 3 channels. Well, 4 if you count PBS which I didn't.)


5. Now for the tail. Use the strip of burlap (or any fabric really...wouldn't black/white toile but pretty?) to make a rolled flower. Scroll down for a tutorial for rolled flowers on the link if you need one. Glue it to the silhouette with regular craft glue or hot glue. 




See? Isn't that easy?  You can totally do this. When you do it, email me a pic or two because I want to see!!

In other news, my shamrocks exploded with these pretty little white flowers. Aren't they so sweet? Do you have anything blooming inside or outside?

shamrocks oxallis

See you later, gator!

Cheers!
Jenny

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

Tip Junkie Handmade Projects

 

4 comments:

  1. Love this and will most likely make one for our front entrance. So cute and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple and so cute! Love it!

    We would love for you to come and link up with us at Your Designs This Time, Mondays 8:00am EST. htttp://www.elizabethjoandesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!