Here's how you do it.
Onions (tonight I used 2 yellow ones but most times I use 1-2 large sweet ones)
a few tablespoons of milk
salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne or paprika (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F. Peel your onions and slice into thick rings. Separate the rings. I leave two rings together if they are thin layers so there is a decent amount of onion in each ring. Set aside rings.
2. Mix egg and milk in a medium, shallow bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs with the seasonings to taste in another. You're just setting up a breading station.
3. Use about a tablespoon (more or less) of olive oil to coat a baking sheet and set aside.
4. Dip each ring in the egg mixture to coat and then toss in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
|It's best to have them in a single layer but |
I couldn't find my large baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or so, flipping the onion rings over half way through or when the bottom is golden and crispy.
6. Chow down.