Thanksgiving Autumn Table Settings Using Aleene's | Days of Chalk and Chocolate

Thanksgiving Autumn Table Settings Using Aleene's

Share It:


I got crafty this week!  I was inspired by an awesome box of Aleene's Glue and Adhesives that arrived on my doorstep. How can I not get crafty when I had the opportunity to use such great products?  Aleene's glues and adhesives are a staple for crafters and I found the products I received to be top notch! 

After playing around with the products (which included an amazing spray adhesive in addition to the ones I mention in this post) I decided to whip up some fall inspired place cards and napkin rings using Aleene's glues and adhesives.  I'm so happy with how they turned out and I'd love to show you how I made them. Everything was so easy and honestly, didn't cost much time or money to make! And I actually made two different styles of napkin rings so I'll show those both to you and you can decide which you prefer. I know my favorite : )

Materials:
Scrap fabric or ribbon
Dollar store flowers
Acorns
Real or fake leaves
Glitter
Card Stock
Marker

 Step 1:  Cut a toilet paper tube or paper towel tube into 1-1.5 inch pieces.


Step 2: Using Aleene's Fabric Fusion to secure,  wrap a strip of scrap fabric or ribbon around the rings to cover completely.






Step 3 White Flower Ring: Cut the center petals out of the dollar store silk flowers.



Step 3 Brown Flower Ring: Using the rolled flower technique, make a rosette out of ribbon.  I actually used some from some pillows I had made last year but that  I was no longer using.  Waste not want not!



Step 4:  I applied glitter to some acorns by dipping them in Aleene's Original Tacky Glue and then in some gold glitter. I only did this for the acorns I used in the white flowers and hindsight being what it is, I realize I should have used extra fine glitter. But I loved using this glue for this part. The glue goes on white so you can see where your glitter will end up but dries crystal clear.




Step 5 White Flower Ring: I didn't even let the glue dry. I immediately used more Aleene's Tacky Glue to stick them inside the dollar store flower.

Step 5 Brown Flower Ring:  I glued the acorns directly to the rosette using Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue.



Step 6: I applied a large dollop of the Aleene's Fabric Fusion and glued the flowers on top. I had to trim the stems on the white flowers flat but the rosettes were easy peasy.


Step 7:  Glue the real or fake leaves onto the rings underneath the flowers. I used real leaves. I also used Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue.

And here are some of the different napkin rings I made!






I thought place cards would be a nice touch to go along with my new napkin rings. 

Step 1:  Cut a piece of card stock the size you anticipate needing. Mine were about 4" x 6".  Size a piece of fabric about 1/2 inch larger on all sides, right side down.  Snip the corners of the fabric without snipping the card stock.


Step 2:  Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue came in so handy here too. It worked perfectly!  I ran a bead around the edge of the card stock and folded up the sides of the fabric, pressing down to adhere. Then I snipped off the extra fabric and let dry.


Step 3: Once dry, fold the card so the fabric is showing. Cut a piece of card stock slightly smaller (I eyeballed it!) and glue on. Aleene's Original Tacky Glue is the best glue and it worked like magic here. I was able to glue on the leaves and acorns right away too and then just let it dry flat. The glue dries clear so there are no worries about any excess showing.





I have to tell you that Aleene's glues and adhesives have been a godsend to me lately. I used them for so many quick little jobs.   Ellie has a little stone turtle that she carries around with her all the time. She tripped and fell, cracking off the turtle's head and flipper. Oh no!  Well, Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue worked so well to repair him.


And then I couldn't get my little ribbon bats to stick to my Halloween wreath until I used these cool glue dots I got from Aleene's too. They are clear and come in a nifty presser downer applier thing. Anyway, it worked great because the dots are small and you can be very precise.


So there you go!  I am really happy with my Aleene's glue and adhesives and plan to use them for my next crafty project too! You can keep up with Aleene's products on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, too!

Find my disclosure policy here.

Have you thought about your Thanksgiving tablescape?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

Cheers!
Jenny
Check out these great blogs! I link up to them too...join in the linky love!

I Heart Naptime
Chic on a Shoestring
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The Shabby Nest
Miss Mustard Seed
The Nester
Decor to Adore
The Artsy Girl Connection



  • beforeAndAfterButton
  • Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy
  • Beyond The Picket Fence
  • Sumo's Sweet Stuff
  • The Girl Creative
  • Transformation Thursday
  • Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap-up party!
  • lil luna link party button
  • Tip Junkie handmade projects
  • The DIY Show Off
  • Homemaker In Heels
  • southern hospitality
  • Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
  • Photobucket





Photobucket Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic! I love the acorns, the flowers, and the chevron! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such pretty napkin holders! Well done and isn't it exciting to find a line of adhesives that works for so many projects? ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey from tessacotton! Love your creations, that's such a beautiful table! I would be so thrilled if you would link up to my new, thanksgiving themed linky party, live today.
    http://tessacotton.blogspot.com/2012/10/thanksgiving-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete

  4. Sooooo pretty!
    You really have a knack for creating a fun and peaceful atmosphere...

    Happy Thanksgiving ~ Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so pretty! Beautiful place setting! Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!